Monday, May 12, 2014

Baby fever...Spring fever...Hope...

Oh hello May... Nice to see you like the snow and murdering innocent beautiful flowers. Can I arrest you and put you in jail?

Today I am not happy about the snow.

But I am super happy cause my best friend had a baby yesterday. And he is beautiful... I can't wait to meet him. And spoil the crap out of him!!!

And yesterday and today it snowed. In May. Middle of May. A lot of snow too. Not a dusting. Like more than a few inches.

Usually I hate the snow. A lot. But not today. For some reason, I loved the snow today.

Maybe because I woke up to a picture of a precious bundle of joy. Maybe because it wasn't snowing on my birthday. Maybe because I have a great heater in my car.

I don't know why. But I LOVED the snow this morning.

Then I got to work and realized why exactly I loved the snow today.

Because there is green under the snow.

Green leaves, green grass...color. Hope that spring is still here even if there is a temporary storm. I have hope that summer is coming soon.

How many times do I wish that this would happen in my life? When a winter storms comes in to raid on my spring parade of happiness, I wish that I could still see the green.

Maybe I don't see the "green" because I am too busy complaining that I am cold? Or that it took longer to get to work? In life maybe I am too focused on the storm and the snow to see the hope and beauty hiding underneath it all.

The grass brought me hope today... It brought me hope that this is but a light and temporary storm.

And I already know that I am going to fall in love with little Jase... And he gives me hope. Hope that life can be brought into the world. Hope that no matter what, something beautiful comes from the end result. Hope and joy that something wonderful will happen. That life comes into the world and it is beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment