Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"Accept everyone," they scream.

Getting really tired of people telling me to be more open minded.

I am not a closed minded person. I have things that I personally believe is right and wrong. Does that mean that I closed minded? No. I don't push those opinions on others, I let other people think what they want.

Just because my opinion is different than theirs, I am in the wrong though.

They preach tolerance until your view is different than their own. And then they scream for your blood.

And I am sick of it. I am all about respecting everyone's opinions and letting everyone live their life. But that doesn't mean that just because I live my life a little bit more conservatively than others that I am suddenly wrong about everything.

I think those that scream for tolerance are the most intolerant people I know. They want you to believe their way and that is everything is okay and there are no standards.

But I have a problem with that.

Why?

Because where do we draw the line?
When do we say, enough is enough?
What a boring society would we have if everyone thought the same way about everything? It would be a bland and horrid world.

Since when is it wrong to say you disagree with something, but it is okay to beat your girlfriend? Why are we suspending and fining someone for saying how they feel but we are going to look the other way when someone assaults a loved one?

This world is the most intolerant that it has ever been in my opinion.

Why?

Because no one should be shunned for their beliefs. Yet everyone is doing the shunning. The religious are shunning the non-religious, the non-religious are shunning the religious. Everyone is pulling hair and calling for blood... "Tolerance, tolerance!!"

I don't care if you are left winged, right winged, gay, straight, bi, black, white, purple, green, conservative, liberal... You have a right to your own opinion. And I am going to let you have it. I don't care what it is. Just don't shove it down my throat. I won't shove mine down yours, please respect me and don't do the same.

Yes, have your own views. But if they aren't yours, don't insist that they are wrong.

I am allowed to have my own opinions. And so are you. How are you any better if you don't allow me to have my opinions?

It is the pot calling the kettle black.

No comments:

Post a Comment